Dr. Radu Seicean is lecturer at UMF “Iuliu Hatieganu” Cluj-Napoca and has extensive surgical experience.
He graduated from the University of medicine and pharmacy “Iuliu Hatieganu”, Cluj-Napoca, discovering and passion for surgery. Currently teaching at the same University, being lecturer at the surgical Clinic is physician chirug, doctor of medical sciences, with training in advanced laparoscopic obesity surgery. Competence in General echography performed including Interventional ultrasound techniques and navigation.
He attended over 25 courses of specialization (national and international), as well as training and internships in France and the Netherlands. His preparation included making numerous complicated operations using modern techniques and technology. After reentering the country successfully implemented in current clinical practice the techniques of advanced laparoscopic surgery, performing the first laparoscopic surgery for colorectal cancer. He realized for the first time in gastric laparoscopic resection longitudinal Cluj (gastric sleeve) for the morbidly obese.
Later it was occupied by the development of bariatrice, organizing a workshop on this topic. It was also concerned about the widening of the instructions by the minimally-invasive and kyphosis in emergency. He produced and published, for the first time internationally, a minimal-invasive technique to solve the complications after liver biopsy hemorrhagic punctia. Has perfected the current practice and applied modern techniques in surgery of breast cancer tumors and superficial surgery of hernias and eventrations, to hemorrhoidal disease, varicose veins and ano-rectal pathology. All these have made that patients benefit from complex, modern treatments. Scientific activity is significant.
Dr. Radu Seicean is involved as a co-organizer and lecturer at several workshops, postgraduate courses and international congresses. He is member of the research team of 5 grants earned by competition nationwide. He is a member of the European Association of Endoscopic Surgery (EAES), of the International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists and Oncologists (IASGO), and other professional associations. All articles are published in international journals or indexed Medline, with over 30 citations in published articles.
- General Surgery;
- Herniara surgery (including laparoscopic);
- Digestive surgery;
- Oncological surgery (including laparoscopic);
- Proctology (including miniminvazive-VAAFT techniques, T.N.);
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery (laparoscopic hemicolectomii resections of the rectum, laparoscopic, laparoscopic, laparoscopic-splenectomii full suprarenalectomii cure disease, laparoscopic gastroesofagiene and reflux achalaziei);
- Bariatric Surgery by laparoscopic approach: gastric resections longitudinal, gastric bypass and adjustable gastric ring;
- Extensive use in laparoscopic emergency kyphosis: acute appendicitis, perforated ulcer, traumatic visceral ruptures, traumatic spleen, foreign bodies;
- The development of diagnostic ultrasound, interventional and intraoperative surgical clinic since 1999.